Re: [Harp-L] Deliberate Practice

I was married for 20 years to a person who hated the sound of the
harmonica... (No longer, thank goodness, we divorced!)
So I practiced...  in my automobile... I'd park up and PLAY!
No neighbors to complain! YOU CAN PLAY AS LOUD AS YOU WANT TO....
If you want to go electric take a battery Pignose amp & a mic. ENJOY!
(lock the car doors from the inside to avoid wierdos!)

But a car makes an IDEAL " harmonica rehearsal studio"...
It is great to try and try to get that "unplayable" riff down, without
embarrassment...

Don't leave your harps in the car when it's parked up... Particularly If
you reside in a place like southern Arizona, or sunny Trinidad and Tobago,
W.I....When the air con stops... the wooden combs split in one's wooden
bodied harmonicas, and all of the wind savers fall  off from the chromatics...
Been there done that!

I'm migrating away from wooden combs.... LOL... And yes, Vern Smith
convinced me 100%... The audience can't tell the difference whatever the comb
material!

However don't play harmonica while driving along. They call that "dangerous
 driving" or "driving without due care and attention"... Certainly in
England. It is a big fine and probably a loss of driving license.  Don't even
THINK about it.

John "Whiteboy" Walden...
Happy in the tropics... Just now residing in:
Cebu City
Republic of the Philippines.

Available for Weddings and  Barmitzvas...

In a message dated 11/11/2009 20:58:07 SE Asia Standard Time,