Re: [Harp-L] Gussing Savoy Brown

Leo Manning was the drummer on Savoy Brown's 1st LP...Great guy and a
brilliant drummer. He was "duel heritage" His dad was an African American GI,
who came over to London during WW2... Leo's mom was English...Leo  Manning
was the result! No idea what happened to him since the '80s  though... When I
first met him I made a total fool of myself "Leo, where are you  from
ORIGINALY" "Streatham, London" was his reply... He was, and hopefully still  is,
100% English, and was English born. He is an English man.
My band "Circle" never had any hits, it did release an LP though... That
sunk without trace... I don't even have a copy of it.
I've been recording with my harmonica since I was a teenager, I am now 61.
Wish I'd kept track of the hundreds of recordings that I made over the
years....
But I'm playing better now than I ever did.

"You are as good as your last gig!"

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Republic of the Philippines.