Re: [Harp-L] Steve Miller hosts benefit for Norton Buffalo's family

Hi Joe,

I would've been disappointed as well without Norton's harmonica.  That's what we harp players want... to see and hear Norton play harp!  And we're going to miss him so very much.

Did you watch the YouTube with Norton and the Steve Miller band recorded many years ago with James Cotton ?   I just love the look on James' face when Norton is soloing... I think he liked it alot !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zucb1SC9aus

I treasure all Norton's albums with his own bands and the duo with Roy Rogers... they're the best!

My life changed for the better the day I saw Norton and his band being featured on an Austin City Limits some 30 years ago when I first got interested in harmonica.

Man, I wish that show was available on video!  It seemed like a dream watching that... I was hooked...

Ken H in OH