[Harp-L] norton RIP

i loved the contributions of Norton.

His records inspired me to focus equally on chromatic and diatonic.

Plus, my CD "HARMONICA DREAMS" was also inspired by Norton, something I have never revealed until now.

The production approach was to create a music cd for non harmonica players that had TONS of harp instead of a harmonica cd for harmonica players. Although my CD has much much more harmonica than norton's cd, he still helped me to formulate this concept.

Plus, the best......in the eighties when I was in NYC and I had finished playing on the BLONDIE sessions and video, I called norton up out of the blue.
I did not know him, but I called him anyways. Norton talked to me, a complete stranger for over an hour on the phone. What a gift, what an inspiration he was as a gentleman and musician.

We miss you Norton, I know you are up there playing harp with the angels.

Randy Singer
 http://www.randysinger.com/