[Harp-L] Vox DA5

Hi all,

I played a party the other night with my brother on slide guitar.  The party was in Paris France, so I didn't have my typical rig with me.  I ended up using my Fireball mic into a Vox DA5 itty-bitty modeling amp, set to the Blues 3 preset with a little bit of delay on it.

I was very impressed with this amp.  Plenty of power, and very responsive--different sounds when I played hard/soft/etc.  Y'know, like playing through--an amp!

I recorded the engagement on my Zoom H4, I may post one or two pieces for the curious.  In any case, I'm now selling my Roland Microcube, which I like a lot for guitar but have never particularly liked for harp, on eBay.  (Hey, I know SOME people like it for harp.)  If you're interested, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Microcube-guitar-amp-excellent-condition_W0QQitemZ290368266211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439b4c1fe3

All told, more evidence that inexpensive modeling technology is taking over the world.  At least on my block.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter