Re: [Harp-L] Vox DA5

I've been using the Vox DA5 for a little over half a year, mostly for
busking, and a couple of times at gigs to cut through the ambient noise (not
stage gigs, but as part of an acoustic band, once at a wedding party and a
couple of times in a bar where we were the house band). I like it. It's
compact and lightweight. Batteries last a long time.

I use the Blues 3 or Drive setting, with reverb. I keep the tone and gain
down. Madcat Shaker mic with an impedence transformer. Sometimes an SM57
(with impedence transf.). Way more than enough volume.

John

> Hi all,
>
> I played a party the other night with my brother on slide guitar.  The
party was in Paris France, so I didn't have my typical rig with me.  I ended
up using my Fireball mic into a Vox DA5 itty-bitty modeling amp, set to the
Blues 3 preset with a little bit of delay on it.

> I was very impressed with this amp.  Plenty of power, and very
responsive--different sounds when I played hard/soft/etc.  Y'know, like
playing through--an amp!

> I recorded the engagement on my Zoom H4, I may post one or two pieces for
the curious.  In any case, I'm now selling my Roland Microcube, which I like
a lot for guitar but have never particularly liked for harp, on eBay.  (Hey,
I know SOME people like it for harp.)  If you're interested, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Microcube-guitar-amp-excellent-condition_W0QQitem
Z290368266211QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439b4c1fe3

> All told, more evidence that inexpensive modeling technology is taking
over the world.  At least on my block.