[Harp-L] Re: GSHC Festival next week!

The countdown has begun! Quite a few people will start arriving on Wednesday, Nov.18 to really immerse themselves into the GSHC Festival experience!  Our festival committee met last evening with plans to coordinate registration and volunteer details.  It's  amazing to see how extensive the planning is for this event!  It's like 10 weddings  merged into one spectacular 3 day party! . Phil and I have become the parents and "CEO'S" of this affair that will certainly help us in planning the next festival. We are already thinking about next year and will get to work on that after a short break when this is over.  Of course, we will need your help to make that happen, once again by making your plans to come back next year and to join our club for only $25 annually. The application is at: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org. Check out the web site now as updates will be posted soon with our entire schedule for seminars, workshops and shows, including the actual time for the events!  Go to www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org for this information.

We have been receiving several calls about whether or not there is still room to attend the festival. At this point there is room, as the hotel can hold up to 200 people. You can call me or email that you are interested and payment can be made upon arrival.  We have about 130 people signed up for the gala dinner and show. Tables are being made up now and we would need you to contact us to verify the availability.  Don't miss out on a truly spectacular event!

We still need volunteers to help us with the registration table and with raffles. Let us know when you arrive and or email me.

A certain surprise visitor may show up on Saturday to join in, hang out  and participate with the blues venue.  I'm waiting for further confirmation, that is about 95% right now.  I guess you will just have to register for Saturday to find out!  On second thought, once I get the word I will let you know!

By the way, the club will be presenting an award in honor of Charley Leighton this year and I thank Smo-Joe for his great idea to offer the Charley Leighton award every year, just as has been done at SPAH for Bernie Bray. Our festival committee agreed and appreciate this suggestion.

Think "harmonica festival",

Val Redler and Phil Caltabellotta