[Harp-L] Vox DA5 with Fireball V samples

Hi all,

I posted a couple of mp3 samples to my site from the party I played a couple of weeks ago with the Fireball V mic and the Vox DA5 modeling amp.  You can download them at:

http://hunterharp.com/DA5/

I think it's a good-sounding setup for blues and rock, and it's certainly priced right--about $125 for the amp. The amp has a line-out, so could be used as the front end to a larger system, although I doubt that you'd get the same kind of cool speaker grind out of your PA.

The amp settings for these recordings included the Blues 3 preset with gain up to a little less than halfway, with the tone control turned all the way down and a little bit of slapback delay. There aren't a lot of controls on the DA5, which is one of its charms--you don't need to read the manual to figure out how to get a sound out of it.

The slide guitar is by my brother Mark Hunter.  The tambourine is by some guy who happened to be at the party.

Enjoy.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

.

author, "Jazz Harp"