Subject: [Harp-L] Re: GSHC Festival next week!

Can't wait, Val. I'll be one of those arriving early ---finally a venue I
can drive to. :)

It'll be so much fun hanging with you and Phil again. He and Smokey have
long been my two chromatic heroes, but I've since added a third: Will Galison
 (his scrumptious playing on Barbra Streisand's version of Calling You from
 Baghdad Cafe was long a favourite of mine..even before I  had any idea
about who played on it or who Will was, or even my rejoining  the harmonica
world)...so this year I'll be in heaven with all three of them in  attendance.
How cool!

You and Phil have done an astonishing job in turning around the GSHC
festival and I'm sure there will be a whole slew of posts written afterwards
along this same vein. I know how busy you're going to be while there, so wanted
 to thank you now for being such a good friend and great person. Half the
fun for  me at SPAH and other conventions are our conversations and the great
time I  have talking shop and harmonica with Phil as well. You've made a
point to  include me in your group and it's gone a long way to making my SPAH
experiences so wonderful.

To that end I already joined the GSHC Club, even though I don't live close
enough to attend meetings. I figured every little bit helps, as it did for
Buckeye, where so many of us out-of-towners paid dues to belong to the
Buckeye  Club just to help Jack keep it going. It was the least we could do for
all  the hard work he put into the annual Festival.

Thank you. See you there.

Elizabeth
PS: If the Saturday visitor you allude to is the person I'm thinking of,
it's the icing on the cake, for me.
PPS: That's a GREAT idea of SmoJoe's!

Folks, be there or be square.

"Message: 9