Re: [Harp-L] what makes a good player

 The ability to move your audience emotionally.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Reynolds <c_reynolds2571@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] what makes a good player

So I was just sitting here wrapping up a custom golden melody for a customer and
listening to music on harmonicaspace, and I got to wondering what makes a good
player. Which I guess is a subjective question, since we all have different
tastes, likes and dislikes. But what is it that makes us consider someone a good
player? Is it because they can do all the licks and tricks, or do we also
consider the player who plays melodies to well known songs, who plays with
passion, clean notes, good intonation, etc. to be a good player. I've heard some
folks here on the list who play melodies to well known songs, or play campfire
songs, who I consider to be very good. They don't play with a lot of flash, but
the quality of their playing is really good. So I'm kind of curious as to what
others consider being a good player means.

 Chris

http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com
http://www.builderofstuff.com
http://www.myspace.com/builderofstuff
http://www.myspace.com/builderofbluesharps

Just a man, his shop, and a long list of unfinished projects...