Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music, Different Key Harps (was "Re: A couple questions from a beginner")

The problem with Way 2 is that while the end product of pre-transposed music is easy to use, it's take a lot of work to obtain as you have to do the transposing yourself.

I do a lot of reading on different keys and types of harmonica, so writing out transposed parts is just not practical - too time-consuming. Instead, I've put my efforts into learning to read transposed on whatever harps I'm playing. This probably means I'm not as good a sight reader as I would be if I stuck to playing just, say, a C chromatic where the same note on the staff always meant the same note in the same place on the harmonica (and sometimes I do get confused), but it's still better (for me, anyway) than doing the work of writing out transpositions.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa