[Harp-L] What makes a good player?

My friend Frank Franz says... Having a PROFOUNDLY solid EFFORTLESS unadulterated EXPERTISE- in musical FUNDAMENTALS makes a good player. I disagree. I know harp players who have none of that and, in my opinion, and to many of my peers, sound fabulous. Sometimes I read all the harp-l e-mails and I think, what the hell are they talking about? Double overblows, triple tongue blocking ect. ect. Some of the folks on this page get way to wrapped up in this kind of stuff. Just get out there and have some fun with this little 10 holed jem. For the new players who read the harp-l pages, I suggest you listen to your favorite players and practice there licks and before you realize it, you will be coming up with licks of your own. What makes a good player? Is the person having fun? That to me makes a good player.........Johnny