Re: [Harp-L] Just have fun with it!

I think there is a very big difference in being a "good" player while having fun and becoming a virtuoso and making a living playing harmonica.

Most of us have day jobs, college-educated or not, but enjoy playing harmonica as a hobby and for the pure enjoyment of it.  I've been a "good" player for some 30 years, and I get "gooder" each year... at least I think I do, while having fun during the entire journey.  I have more fun the "gooder" I get.

Surely there is nothing wrong with learning more music theory and other instruments, if that's what helps you enjoy the journey, and you enjoy the hard work and have the time to get there.

We've been blessed with so many great harmonica players to listen to, buy their music, and hopefully learn something from them, while finding our own harmonica voices from being inspired by the great players, who are way better than good.  Plus we have Harp-L and harmonica conventions to share this wonderful instrument, and enjoy the camaraderie that comes with it all.

Life is short... enjoy it and have fun !

Ken H in OH