[Harp-L] West Virginnia Music Hall of Fame [sorta long]

Folks, tonight will be a great pleasure. My friend Nat Reese is being inducted into the West Virginia Music Hall of Fame. A few of you may be familar with Nat; he is a wonderful blues and swing player, 85 years old, who has been the "Godfather" of the blues scene in West Virginia for many, many years. Some of you may have heard him when he partnered with Howard Armstrong and toured nationally and internationally a few years ago. And of course if you were ever at Blues Week at Augusta from its inception til the last few years when Nat's health prevented him from being there, you have heard Nat and maybe even played or talked with him. You can read more about Nat at:

http://www.wvmusichalloffame.com/homepage.html

Look in the bottom right of the homepage and you'll see "Meet the Class of 2009"...click that and scroll down until you see him. In addition to being a fine musician, Nat is a great person, a kind and gracious man; I am honored to be his friend.

Anyway, if that wasn't enough, one of the co-hosts of the event is Charley McCoy, who was inducted two years ago. And if THAT wasn't enough, Phil Wiggins will present Nat to the Hall and accompany him when he plays. {Phil and Nat and the late John Cephus have been friends for many years.}

A reporter for our local paper was going up to the event to cover it. Sadly, he has fallen ill and won't be able to attend...but he has asked my lady friend and I to get some pictures and quotes for him to use...he will do a story on it anyway. Take a wild guess who this harmonica player will first approach for quotes :-)

WVa Bob