[Harp-L] GSHC-missed opportunity [for some]

  We might go digital next year- with signs, updates,
  real time YouTube clips for downloads, open mic
  recordings, Reed Works, Body works, Free Shuttles,
  Free Boxed lunches, Harp marathon, Harp/gear
  trade-ins, free bottled water, discounted beer [Blue
  Moon Specials]. All right, that's enough.

  Would have liked to see Marvin Monroe honored for
  holding the 65+ group for 3 days. Marvin plays the
  XB-40s- all the melody you want- and the only
  diatonic guy-with a self-made twin harp rack and a
  guitar- engaging all the chromatic players.

  At the jazz jams, if you really listened carefully
  you'd hear Smo-Joe do his refreshing licks. Alex
  Tobias is a newcomer to these festivals- boy, was he
  lurking all this time or what? Judy from the Al &
  Judy Smith duo played a Seydel LLF harp- wouldn't
  need another bass harp.

  Joy [Josh] King was a big attraction but his sis won
  the 50/50 draw- a harmonica. Stan Harper was my
  favorite performer, 92 and still rocking. He won a
  set of ten Lee Oskar diatonics which he probably
  will not use.

  I can't think of a festival like the harmonica
  festivals- so many generations congregate to share
  the tricks of a beautiful sounding instrument in a
  no-holds-barred fashion.

  Ever heard of "Jamology"? Bee & Buzz did a great
  job.

  I am quite pleased with the turnout and my first
  time role as a volunteer.

www.myspace.com/harpdad