From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Frank franze
Sent: lunes, 23 de noviembre de 2009 11:54
To: harp-l
Subject: [Harp-L] New Bela and Howard video CONTROVERSY

A Short Story, by, Frank Franze...

My wife was with me as I opened my newly arrived Harp-L e-mail and I quickly
scrolled to the the new Fleck and the Boys video that a lister had posted. I
proudly told my wife she is about to hear the best diatonic player on planet
earth. Well, I hit play and Howard starts doing his thing and my wife>(who
is a musician and has a GREAT ear) starts making "question mark" faces and
saying-  what the heck was that, that did not sound good at all... In my
embarrassment since "I exalted" Howards  exceptional harp savvy, apologized
for the strange tonal acrobats that he was flinging out there, seemingly
without a care in the world - explaining to her that, " those [off tones]
are an acquired taste" . "For the record"- that?s one of the things I like
about Howard Levy's harp playing, he doesn't seem to care if you understand
or embrace his strange sounding note choices. The End!!!!