[Harp-L] Announcement: West Virginia Youth Harmonica Orchestra forming

I'm pleased to annouce that I'll be starting up the West Virginia Youth Harmonica Orchestra after the first of the year. The group will be comprised of elementary school students from grades 2-5 in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
This is a good thing for the instrument. I've always been convinced that for the harmonica to regain its former popularity we have to get it out to the general public, especially in the schools.  This is a program that children will be able to participate in year after year. It is my hope that when those children reach middle school, we can develop a similar program for the older kids.

These sorts of things aren't necessarily easy to get off the ground, so we're especially fortunate that the C.A. Seydel company has stepped in with assistance to make the program a success and sustainable. One part of Seydel's cooperation in this program is the donation of octave harps, specifically Seydel Concerto Duos, which is two of the concerto octave harps mounted together... these will be used for chordal accompaniment. This is a great start for the program, while other orchestral harmonicas (if anybody has one regardless of condition they'd like to donate) would be very useful, this donation from Seydel makes the whole thing possible... Seydel has also offered additional support, which is unfolding, to this school program.

Many thanks!
Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com