RE: [Harp-L] Garden State Harmonica Festival - a brief redux

So the truth was revealed, we were trolled.  Good to know.  Regarding
SPAH and the lack of post event buzz, I think a lot of that has to do
with the relationships.  If you've gone before you'll have friends.  A
lot of what you do at the convention is talk with your friends.  In a
word, gossip.  Nobody with any kind of a brain in their heads is going
to post that stuff to a publicly archived list.  I know I don't.  A lot
of what happens for me in these conversations is processing of the
event.  It happens in real time.  It's not like I have a lot left after
the convention that I need to or want to share.  If the focus of SPAH
was really the performances and workshops I would expect that you'd see
more post event reporting.  It really is a case of you had to be there.
What was interesting was that much of the post convention analysis was
about how things might be improved.  That's a lot more concrete and more
easily publicly discussed.

I tried Warren.  I did my bit.  I posted positively about the 2009 SPAH
event in Sacramento.  I will admit to having sent several thousand more
words off to my close personal friends, all of it offlist and privately.
 It's the nature of the beast.  fjm