To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki MANJI

Mine is on backorder (Dec. 2nd week).

 The Garden State Harmonica Festival had Daron
 Stinton man the Suzuki vendor booth. I played
 through two of several Manji diatonics on display.
 Boy, they don't play as well as Golden Melody harps-
 i.e. right out of the box. It wasn't just me, there
 were a few folks hanging out trying them. The tone
 is warm compared to other Suzuki models though.
 Also, reed plates are interchangeable between other
 models on the Manji composite comb; well, that's
 what Daron told me. The Manjis are set up for OBs.

 Unfortunately, reed plates were sticking out a bit
 and Daron concurred. Second the Manjis on display
 were not the best of best quality as I also noted
 the cover plates had very sharp edges.
 Daron was kind enough to show how the reed plates
 could be reset so you don't rip your lips or corners
 of your mouth. The screw holes are large enough to
 do the tweaking

 So make sure you understand what you are getting
 [online]. Some re-assembly is required.

www.myspace.com/harpdad