[Harp-L] Adam Gussow to give Blues Harp Clinic in Philadelphia

Adam Gussow, harmonica master and part of the blues duo Satan & Adam,
returns to Philadelphia - after their sold out concert this past summer
- for a much anticipated Blues Harp Clinic on Tuesday December 29th.

The program will include a short set by the "Gussow's One-Man Band",
Adam's new incarnation as a harp-and-foot-drums dynamo.

Adam Gussow - harmonica player and teacher, college professor, and
author of three award-winning books on the blues will be presenting a
harmonica workshop (and rocking the house!) on Tuesday, December 29th
2009 at Rembrandt's Restaurant (http://www.rembrandts.com/) from 7:00 p.m. to
9:00 p.m. Additionally, Adam is offering a sneak preview of the new
Satan and Adam album, which will have wrapped recording the prior week
out of a studio in Tampa. PLUS Adam's critically acclaimed autobiography
"Mr. Satan's Apprentice" is being republished and Adam will also be
signing books before and after the performance.

"I'll be exploring a range of approaches to contemporary blues
harmonica playing," says Gussow, "and I'll be taking apart several of
the classic songs in the repertoire, including 'Got My Mojo Working' and
'Saint Louis Blues.' I'll also talk about the Satan & Adam songbook.
As for the one-man-band: I'm really excited by this new development and
I look forward to sharing that with my friends in Philly."

ADAM GUSSOW spent more than a decade working the streets of Harlem and
the international club and festival circuit with Mississippi-born
bluesman Sterling Magee as the duo Satan and Adam. He currently
performs with both Satan and Adam (recently reformed as a trio) and the
guitarist Charlie Hilbert in addition to performing solo.

Most recently, Adam Gussow's ongoing series of instructional videos
posted at YouTube, more than 175 to date, has drawn international
acclaim. His website, http://www.ModernBluesHarmonica.com, offers players of all
levels a series of skill-graded video tutorials and tabs for immediate
download, as well as the "Dirty South Blues Harp Forum," one of the most
popular harmonica chat-spaces on the web.

For more information on this event please visit
http://www.harmonica411.com/clinics
or contact Jeff Silverman at jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Silverman, Publisher http://www.Harmonica411.com jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx