[Harp-L] RE: Subject: Twelfth position - Does it Appeal to Others Like it Appeals to Me?

Brad writes:

"
With dogs and cats, I  think them reacting to my music has more to do with
my not paying them any  attention when I'm playing.
My cats can also raise  objections to phone calls, reading, various
attempts at meditation/spiritual  practice involving stillness and who knows what
else.
But they'll begin to  actively protest if I play harp for an hour or more
straight around the house  without a break.  (I'm sure they only have my best
interest at heart,  right?)
Brad  Trainham"

haha, I hear you and that  is most likely true, Brad. They just don't want
you to  wear yourself out. ;) I haven't been aware of it when I'm playing
because it's mostly during my pets' nap times (but then again, when isn't?)

.....perhaps because I  have so many they're not quite as demanding of my
time when I'm off  playing, because then I'm on my feet (prefer it to
sitting), am in a  specific place where I play and not usually where I can be
perched upon other  than the computer where I try not to allow them on my lap. My
cats especially do  demand a lot of attention so I know exactly what you
mean, but because I  don't sleep much beyond cat naps and spend an inordinate
amount of time with  them otherwise, they seem to allow me my
playing/practice time without  protest.  I have noticed my dog is immensely interested in
what I'm  doing - even smiling her approval (but then she's an American
Eskimo and  the famous Eskie smile is built-in).

Works for me so far   :)

Elizabeth