[Harp-L] Playing While Driving

Uh oh, this one again.... yessiree I play sometimes when I'm behind the wheel, or on my bike or walking down the street.  Nuthin' wrong with it as long as your primary focus is on the primary task at hand, which is not harp.

Some of us CAN walk/drive/cycle and chew tin sandwiches at the same time, but foremost is safety, of course.  Like with a phone, one can stop and put the harp down, and unlike a phone you are in charge of both sides of the conversation.

One thing I DON'T do while motating is use a rack to play; that's a lot of metal to have in your face during a collision, fall or alien abduction.

-Dave "blowin' on down the road" Fertig

 [Harp-L] Playing While Driving
        	Monday, November 30, 2009 9:26 AM

            From:
            "Richard Eisenberg" <catketch2@xxxxxxxxx>

        	To:
        	harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
                Does anyone else practice in the car while driving/commuting?

I live in a fairly rural area and drive 25 minutes to work. I play songs on
the car stereo via mp3 player and play along to practice.
(I don't do this in heavy traffic, blizzards, or where I'm not familiar with
the roads.)

I've only ever seen one other person playing harp while driving.

Anyone else?