Re: [Harp-L] Playing While Driving

Steve Shaw writes:

I hate to spoil the party with a humourless post (I've tried to avoid posting 'em lately), but I > am firmly of the view that we should be concentrating on the driving. Just because we see other > people doing ludicrous things behind the wheel we shouldn't be excusing harmonica-playing. You are distracting yourself and you have less control of the car than you should have. Static traffic jams only I reckon.

I have to agree with you, Steve. Ditto cell phones, texting and so on. We have had numerous discussions about playing while driving on the L. I remember Douglas Tate used to come down strongly against it. Anyone whose been T-boned by a driver concentrating on anything besides driving will also agree. If you don't believe me, just ask me!

I'm surprised at you, Smokey Joe. I'd imagine you've seen plenty of roadway carnage. I can't figure why you'd be so dismissive about people playing harp while driving. Of course, ~I~ have to concentrate when I play. They way you play, maybe it all comes automatically to you...

Michelle