From: Joe Spiers <joemopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: joe.mahan@xxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 2, 2009 10:23:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bar Keeper's Friend, re:cleaning harps, removing corrosion, etc.

I use the traditional powder in the gold can, never tried their other products. Wet down the reedplate, sprinkle on liberally, brush away. I don't do it that fast, its not necessary. Use a plain old-school toothbrush with even-length bristles, not the fancy kind that like to snag reeds. Brush end-to-end so that the bristles don't snag on the turnaround, and as Michelle said it works well on the backside of the reeds (but be careful). It will take rust off the rivets too. Rinse thoroughly with warm water (not piping hot) as you finish brushing, to completely remove it from the slots and around the reed base. This is the quickest and best way I've found to deal with nasty old harps. I like to follow it up with a tiny bit of toothpaste for a refreshing taste.
JS

----- Original Message ----- From: <joe.mahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>