Re: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Figuring Sharps in Keys

I really disagree with this way of thinking.  Even though the notes
are the same, what you are listening for is different.  While playing
scales you should be listening for the relationship for any scale tone
in terms of distance from the tonic.  To put it another way, each
scale has a melody.  To use solfege terms, in the key of C major C
sound like Do.  In Am, C sounds like Me. (pronounced Meh).  These
sound completely different.  That is why I believe it is important to
study both scales.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com