[Harp-L] Scales to th4 5th

Another important way to learn scales is to learn scales to the 5th and back. C-D-E-F-G-F-E-D-C; the next week you learn the G scale to the 5th and back. G-A-B-C-D-C-B-A-G then you can add the two scales together and you get the entire C scale C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D-C-B-A-G-F-E- D-C. The next week is the D scale, D-E- F#-G-A-G-F#-E-D and this can be added to the G scale to form the entire G scale.

Works with minor keys as well - in A minor you add the first half of the E scale to the A minor scale to form the entire scale on the way up. It's building scales by halfs - they are call tetra chords.

I still have a complete scale and arpeggio method, don't forget arpeggios, that I sell with a CD. But in my seminar everyone learned that taking one scale a week and in 24 weeks you know them all.

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com