De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de Mike Fugazzi
Envoyé : jeudi 8 octobre 2009 01:31
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [Harp-L] Reed response

I've been working really hard on my broken harps to learn to customize mine
own harps.  I have noticed that after embossing, arcing, and gapping that my
harps sound a little softer and don't necessarily respond quickly.  I am not
choking reeds.  I've tried a bit of tip scooping, and widening the gaps, but
they still aren't where they need to be (in relation to some of my better
playing harps).  Sometimes the overblows sound a little drafty.

The harps I am working on aren't total throw aways.  Most just need to be
retuned or have one broken reed.  They aren't in awful shape.

Thoughts?  Speed is important.  Not because I play fast, but I want to be as
fluid as possible.

Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica
http://www.myspace.com/niterailband