[Harp-L] Spiers Custom Suzuki Manjis

I will soon be offering the Suzuki Manji as an alternative to Hohner handmades for various grades of optimization- from simply tuning/gapping, to blues setup, to fully chromatic capability.

I will still be working with the Hohners, while the Manji is an additional model to the arsenal. Some will naturally still prefer Hohners, while others will like the Suzuki better- when customized they are both good, but with a different "flavor". Its good to have a choice and this is a very worthy one that will become popular. For repairs, I have been supplied with custom-made tools from Suzuki to accurately index the holes for replacing the welded reeds using screws. Although one might successfully accomplish it once without the special jigs, having accurately indexed holes facilitates better, quicker, and easier repairs down the road.

My schedule is full and I'm not currently accepting orders, but hope to initially have some completed harps available early next year. I've built myself a set of the available keys (which I like very much!), but I need to do a larger number of them to get a solid feel for average build time and establish pricing for the ascending modification levels.

Joe Spiers
www.spiersharmonicas.com