Re: [Harp-L] Which harp mic is most feedback resistant?

"Senheiser 604" "I'd like to know what it is you like about them."

Dane only pops in here occasionally so I'll provide a tentative answer until he sees this and can answer for himself.

From what I remember Dane saying to me, he likes this mic because it's very compact (fits in the hand easily) and sounds great with his rig. He plays wireless (I believe using a Sennheiser unit) into a POG. Dane is a fantastic blues player but isn't limited to that, he plays a lot of funk and jazzy lines. He's got a very melodic style and can do the fast runs that are akin to Pat Ramsey, Jason Ricci, and <gasp> John Popper.

But then I've heard him play some downright nasty blues and many other styles too, so I'd say a key feature if that the mic is versatile, has a great low-end (being essentially a drum mic) and sounds good. Right - no volume control but I'm sure he regulates that from his wireless belt pack.

If you're ever in DC when Bobby Parker is playing (Madam's Organ last Saturday of each month?) stop in and see the amazing show, Dane is Bobby's band leader and holds the harp chair. It's a great band, Bobby's legendary and he's got top notch guys all around. He's also shown quite a bit on the "Carlos Santana Presents: Blues at Montreux 2004" DVD playing with Bobby, Carlos Santana, and others. Great DVD.

Bill