[Harp-L] Digitech RP-50 etc.

Richard Hunter said:  I gather that you're using the RP50 primarily for FX,
not amp modeling?

Actually, my experience with the Digitech is ongoing.  My go to patch right
now is a combination of delay, reverb, compression, chorus and EQ.  I use a
clean tube amp model presuming I will get some of the benefits I would get
from a tube preamp.  I usually plug straight in to a PA system but
occasionally work through whatever amp is around that has a free channel.
This set up definitely fattens up the sound and gives me some to good
feedback control.  I have other amp models and patch sets programmed based
on a Blackface and a Classic Tweed but I am still experimenting and learning
to use them.

I am sure that you get a lot more control and for that matter a lot better
sound out of the larger models.  I have listened to your MP3's.  They are
amazing.  And, I have thought about going to a larger unit that has a built
in expression pedal.  But, I keep remembering that the little guy fits in my
small harp case with my mic and 18 harps.  And, there is something to be
said for traveling light.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK