Re: [Harp-L] Recording

Hi Rex - I can't help you with backing tracks but I can talk a little about
what I use for self recording.
It's a relatively simple but powerful multi-track software called N-Track
http://ntrack.com/ .  When I first downloaded it 10 years ago it was a
simple tool for $35.  It is now much more robust and costs $65. I think it
is worth every penny.  I also bought a very good EMU sound card.

For the past two months I've been using this setup to record, mix, and
master a CD where each song has two guitar tracks by Rusty Zinn with
harmonica and vocals by me.  I recorded  Rusty's tracks two months ago and
then he left on tour. I've been recording my tracks and posting the latest
version of each song on the 'bay harpers' website to combat the feeling of
working in a vacuum.

When I'm all done I'll bring the final mixed songs to a pro (Wally Sound in
Berkeley) and he will criticize, bless, and put the finishing magic on them.

Hope this helped a little.    Recording at home with no pressure about using
someone else's time and studio space is a great way to develop your musical
vision.    Best of luck on your project!!

Beth
http://bayharpers.ning.com/music/playlist/edit?id=3544696:Playlist:1406
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkGEfzjt-g
 <http://ntrack.com/>