Re: [Harp-L] Recording

Rex Platner asked:
I am interested in doing some self recording and I thought I might ask the
list. What program do people like for recording themselves, any suggestions
on how to associate backing tracks, what is the best source for backing
tracks that are usable right away. Thanks for your help gentleman and ladies
:)
Rex, I like an inexpensive program (~$40 US) by Cakewalk ( a Roland company) called "pyro Audio Creator." It will record from you computer's microphone input and is also useful for editing your recordings or standard audio files, as well as rippng and burning CD's :

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=10-CWAC1.00-10E

Recording your own playing is very revealing and an essential step in improving your technique.

Also, though I haven't tried it, lots of people rave about "Band in a Box" for creating backing tracks.

Good luck,

Michelle