[Harp-L] Kinder AFB Mod Update

Thanks for the replies on & off list.  Still don't have  quite 100% of the
picture but I need to pass this along after  reading Don's Peers well
intended post of:

If the two 9-volts are in parallel, then a 9v supply should work; if
they're in series, then you'll need an 18v supply.  (They are in neither of
these configurations, read on)

The main reason for having two batteries  in parallel is available current.
Check the specs for the unit's draw in amps.  (This is not the reason for
having 2 batteries, this a very low current  device)

(back to my findings so far)  As suspected, the two batteries  are needed
because there are two separate circuits.  One is +9v the other  is -9v, thus
they require separate power sources.  I think I can  use two of the 9v
outputs from a Voodoo Lab, BBE or other  quality power supply with independent
outputs.  Battery clip  adapters are available pretty cheap, I think I'll
install two external  jacks & wire them to the battery clip adapters, & then add
a  warning label so nobody plugs it in with a parallel or series
configuration.  Please let me know of any reason to not pursue this hard  wired setup.

SO, I now understand why John Kinder doesn't build it with power input
jacks, waaay to easy for someone to hook it up incorrectly and destroy  it.
For $360 I'd like to see a tool free battery door & a drop-in  battery
compartment, but this device certainly does what it's supposed  to.

As always, my free Harp Mic Buyers Guide is available for the asking.

Christopher  Richards

Twin Tone Harmonica  Microphones
_http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/_ (http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/)

Stage Manager -  Greeley Blues Jam  _www.greeleybluesjam.com_
(http://www.greeleybluesjam.com)

Production Manager -  Jay Gaunt Summer Tour & Memphis Sessions 2009
_www.jaygaunt.com_ (http://www.jaygaunt.com)

Author/Publisher   "The Colorado Blues Jam Post" and the "Free Harp Mic
Buyers  Guide"