[Harp-L] Stevie Pizzicato

While playing Alfie on Eivets Rednow Stevie used a sound effect simulating pizzicato by sucking the tongue off the roof of his mouth to create a knock sound; if you can't make a distinctive knock or click off the roof of your mouth, you won't be able to do it. It is an inherited trait as far as I know. anyhow the suck plus the click in spit position produce a pizz. sort of sound with a pitch. There is no inhale, just the suck from making the pop noise.

When I played the Songwriters Hall of Fame, I got to talk to Stevie back stage for 45 minutes and the first thing I did was play the pizz from Alfie which made him smile. BTW, he already had all my classical Cd's, so he does listen to harmonica.

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com