[Harp-L] Jersey Harp in November and it's "Autumn in ew York"

Well NJ has a strange reputation to say the least. Most folks think of the opening scenes of the HBO Sopranos TV series and think of The NJ Turnpike and 'greyish' factories and cement covered graves in the Meadowlands!,-)

I was born here in Newark, NJ in 1952 and YES it does have it's mob connections! BUT, it also has some beautiful countryside and the amazing 'Jersey Shore' as well. But even more inportant...we have:

THE GARDEN STATE HARMONICA CLUB

My first contact with them was in the late 70's when I was in Patterson, NJ at a club called Gullivers to see Toots Thielemans perform.
The table next to me was about 4 guys and we starting chatting and they told me they were all memebers of the GSHC. I thought woah, how cool is that?

Now, Val Redler is President and her and Phil Caltabellotta have an amazing FESTIVAL planned for November19-21. If any are planning to come it's just a short hop to NYC and the Holiday vibe there will be in full bloom! here is the link to their site:
http://www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org/

I have been asked to perform the opening night on Thursday November 19th with some other terrific players. After I close the Thurday Night show I will head over to the Blues Jam and even bring my GUITAR! The Next Morning on Friday I will present a seminar on:

"How to find common ground between Blues & Jazz and beyond on both the Diatonic & Chromatic" I will present tunes and tracks to practice with as well as tips on tips on singing and performing as a Harmonicist. I will also demo my Suzuki Manji Diatonics as well as my Suzuki Fabulous 48-s Chromatic.

a big thanx to Warren Bee for helping us out here in Jersey, we look forward to hangin with you Mr Bee!
this, I grabbed from Warren's post on WHO is coming to perform:

-Rob Paparozzi, Dennis Gruenling and Carlos Colina -Blues!
-The HARPbeats will keep everybodys blood flowing!
-Jia-yi He will classically amaze us!
-The Ensemble, Dan Bauch and The Hot Shots will hit the spot!
-Danny G., The Sgro Bros., Chris Bauer, Bob McFarlane & Charlie Spranklin will keep things crankin'!
-The Harmonitones & The Melody Men will score a "ten"!
-Enrico Granafei, Randy Weinstein, William Galison, Charlie Toker & the North Band will be grand!
-LD Miller, Jay Gaunt, Zack Gaviria & Josh King will make us sing!

Friday evening Val has another amazing night of talent lined up, but I should also mention that if you have a rental car and want to venture a short trip on either Fri or Sat night. Master of the Diatonic, Howard Levy will perform Friday Night at the Mayo Ctr in Morristown, NJ and Sat Nite at Bergen PAC in Englewood, NJ Howard is on tour with The Flecktones!

If any of you are here a week earlier, you can catch Madcat and 'Triple Play' at my old Alma Mater: Kean University in Union, NJ on Sat Nov 14th! I'll be going to that one for sure!

or if you wanna venture cross the Hudson River and are in NYC on Monday Nite Nov 9th, I will perform with Bernadette Peters at The Minskoff Theatre:
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Bernadette_Peters_A_Special_Concert_for_Broadway_Barks_Because_Broadway_Cares_Plays_The_Minskoff_119_20090811

(Yesterday, I rehearsed with Bernadette at the ATRIUM WINTER GARDEN at the site of the 9/11 disaster, it was chilling to walk again down Vesey St. But I'm happy to report that the Wall Street area is back and better than ever! All the glass in the Atrium has been resorted as of 2002 and I said a prayer as I walked back to the subway for all the brave souls and victims that perished on that day. Let us never forget)

So you see, you can leave your gun and betting forms at home and just pack a few harps...Jersey has got ANOTHER side and lots of good music! Check us out y'all !

Happy Fall everyone,
Rob Paparozzi
www.robpaparozzi.com