[Harp-L] New Richard Hunter RP350 video on Youtube

Hi all,

I just posted a new video to Youtube.  This short piece includes brief demos of several of the sounds in my new patch set for the Digitech RP250/350, including:

1) A basic blues amped sound based on the Fender Bassman amp model with slapback delay and reverb.
2) A very electronic sound that uses an LFO (low frequency oscillator--I'll tell you about it some other time) to rapidly modulate pitch from an octave below the original note to a 5th above.
3)  A clean tube amp model with rotating speaker effect, very Hammond organ-ish.
4)  A blackface deluxe amp model with phase shifter.  Simple and cool.
5)  A blackface deluxe amp model with a "whammy" effect that allows entire chords to be smoothly shifted up and down, like a slide guitar.  It's a very basic blues harp sound, but the ability to shift entire chords up and down under footpedal control opens up vast new vistas for harp, not to mention lots of new chords on your basic diatonic.
6)  And last and weirdest, a patch that uses a ring modulator and a deep vibrato to produce a sound akin to an alien battle cry, assuming that said alien uses a ring modulator in battle.  (Don't they all?)

In other words, I've tried in this demo to hint at the very wide range of both basic and out-there sounds you can get out of the RP350.  You can find the video at the URL below.

I've got another video filmed in which I do a side by side comparison of the RP350 with my Crate VC508. I'll have that one edited and up on Youtube within a week.  Stay tuned.  In the meantime, enjoy the new sounds.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter