[Harp-L] The future of the harmonica?

Evening all,

The UK's annual NHL Harmonica Festival went extremely well this year as usual - no doubt reports will follow.

My task is to run the 'Children's Day' and I just got this comment from the parent of a FIVE year old HarpsCool student and thought you guys might like to see how we are growing new harmonica players. I suppose they are going to replace you and me in due course, so we better keep planting new ones!

I am also trying to grow HarpsCool as you'll see from the franchise link below, but that's another story.

"Hi Ben,

I just wanted to take some time out to thank you for all your hard work at the harmonica festival this weekend.

Holly was buzzing in the car on the way back home and it was great to see her "composing" her own tunes and offering to play them on her "4- hole" or "10-hole" (the freebie harmonica you gave out in the cafe that morning).

I was also very proud to see her perform her "scale of C" and you deserve a lot of credit for encouraging her to do just that. Holly is often very shy and this was great for her confidence - I'm sure I could never have persuaded her to stand up in front of all those people!

I thought the structure of the event was great - the workshop sessions were great at building confidence and it was really nice to see the children mixing in with the adults at the end - a good balance of inspiration provided by the adults and participation from the children.

If I had to find anything negative at all it would be the delay in starting the concert. Since the event spanned lunch, it was difficult to choose the optimum time to eat - and we did have to miss a bit of the concert in the end as my son's stomach would wait no longer :-)

I really hope you continue to run these events and that you are better supported by the schools in sending large numbers of children to attend in future.

Well done, and thank you again!

Paul"

Ben Hewlett http://www.harpscoolfranchise.co.uk www.benhewlett.com