Re: [Harp-L] Wanted = A New Amp

 uh, well, y'see, it's not the amp. it's the player. (koff)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Routledge <kingley@xxxxxxx>
To: Harp L L <Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Oct 27, 2009 3:37 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Wanted = A New Amp

I would say firstly consider the size of venues you are likely to be playing.

Decide on your budget, amp portability, etc.

Then go and try as many amps as you can using your preferred mic (s), pedals, etc. Be sure to try both off the shelf amps and boutique if you can. Most guys near you with a boutique amp will probably be happy to let you try it.

If you can record the sound of each amp using a portable recording device then you can compare them afterwards.

If you decide to go for a boutique amp then pretty much all the main guys build great amps for the purpose, HarpGear, Sonny Jr, Meteor.

My personal preference is for HarpGear amps, but your needs may be different.

Hope this helps

Paul