[Harp-L] Mad Dog Shaker

I've been using the Mad Dog Shaker for a few months now as my regular mic, probably 80% of the time, and I love it. I have used the Madcat for several years, and always enjoyed the freedom of being able to use my hands with the Madcat. I have several other mics that I use sometimes, but I always feel I'm compromising my style with a bullet. I've always used a Harp Commander Junior to boost the Madcat inline to my Sonny Jr. 1. The Mad Dog has a higher signal output, but I still use the HC because of the extra tone controls. The Mad Dog has a fuller, darker sound than the Madcat, and it's quite a bit bigger, but still fits inside the hand fine. I think it's a great mic and a good compromise between the Madcat and a bullet.
Joe Ferguson
www.myspace.com/joefergusonharp