[Harp-L] blowing rags--12th position

Jim,

I don’t play any rags, but 12th position seems to work pretty well for certain stuff I used to try to play in first position but never sounded quite right. I just started to learn 12th position, and the breath patterns are the same as you use for 3d position except draw 5 is root, (and draw 9 is root an octave up). That makes draw 6 the third and you can bend draw 6 for a flat third. And you go on from there. The sevenths (blow 2 blow 5 and blow 8) are major, but, of course, blow 8 can be bent.

FWIW.

JP