RE: [Harp-L] Kinder AFB+

Every time I see a thread regarding the Kinder AFB+ I wonder why I'm not as smitten with it as everybody else.  I think maybe I need to review the instructions concerning how best to calibrate it because I usually feel that my tone is being affected when I use the box.  Has anyone else had that experience?  I hear clipping and a brittleness to my tone when playing through an AFB+--it seems like it's more shrill, less full, lacking warmth.  Truthfully, my solution to feedback has been to play through a Meteor, which at 50 watts gives plenty of volume headroom without too much risk of feedback.  I did play through the AFB+ at band practice this week, using my Kalamazoo Model 2 instead of the Meteor, and while I appreciated the elimination of feedback I felt that my tone was made thinner.  Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong in using the AFB+?  Since no one else seems to complain about this problem--loss of desirable tone when using it--I'm thinking that I'm doing something wrong.

John