Re: Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Harmonca Case

On Oct 30, 2009, at 2:50 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

That's a really cool case, Glennn - and a meticulously neat set up. No
wonder you like it.

I never understood why people didn't like the pick 'n pluck foam..but then
realized by my not being a gigging musician I'm not taking my harmonicas in
and out of my case nearly as often as someone having it set up on stage
....it could be something to do with the bright lights helping increase the
potential of the foam to 'flake' as well?

The foam is the same as that which throw away foam paint brushes used for trim (I don't use them) are made from. They will actually break down and become goo after about 7 years. A foam such as used to insulate hot water tank pipes would be better. THAT material has a life of around 11-16 years.

smokey-joe

Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth