From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:59:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Purchasing in Canada

Brian -

It might help to find out who the Canadian distributor is for the brand(s) you play. Years ago, when I lived in Vancouver and Hohner was the only real choice, the distributor was Hough & Kohler in Ontario - I have no idea whether they're still around.

Regional or national distributors may be able to point you to retailers who carry a more complete inventory (and do mail order within Canada), or may be able to help you facilitate timely ordering through local stores. In talking with the distributor, you should emphasize your difficulties in finding what you need locally, as their first approach will be to steer you to a local retailer. But don't let them fob you off. Point out that your professional needs are not being met and that they are losing sales unless they can help you. Go up the chain of command if whoever answers the phone can't or won't help you.

Hope this helps.

Winslow Yerxa