Re: [Harp-L] customizing Lee Oskars

Michael King writes:
I was not addressing gapping or tuning reeds, but of lowering the height of
the reed in relationship to the plate where it is riveted. My apologies if I
wasn't clear.

And my apologies for missing what it is you were trying to communicate. The only Lee Oskar's I cuirrently play on a regular basis are all minor tuned. I don't generally alter them from stock other than tuning and gapping. My experiences would definitely not be correlative to yours. Lowering the reed is much more extreme and since I have absolutely no experience doing this on a LO harmonica my comments would not apply. I completely accept that the reeds on a LO might not tolerate this procedure while the reeds of another manufacturer would. fjm