[Harp-L] GSHC Festival

The Garden State Harmonica Club is delighted to welcome Warren Bee as our Publicity Director! Having attended SPAH and seeing the outstanding job that he did there, especially with multiple T.V.media coverage, I can attest to his enthusiasm and shared common goal; that of preserving and advancing the harmonica. Warren said it so well; We need you, harmonica enthusiasts( whether you play or just love to listen) to join us at our upcoming GSHC Festival to take place on November 19, 20 and 21 at The Holiday Inn in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey for 3 days of fun, lots of open mic hosted by Danny G, super seminars, great entertainment with 3 evening shows and a Saturday afternoon matinee, jazz and blues jams and just hanging out in the halls with new and old friends! You will also have the opportunity to browse and purchase the latest harmonica equipment provided by Os representing Suzuki and Doc from Harp Depot carrying lots of other harmonicas by different manufacturers,including Hering.

I've been reading your posts and want to provide you with the latest updates regarding our performers and seminars. We've just received confirmation that The HARPbeats, the outstanding trio sensation from SPAH consisting of Phil Caltabellotta,Wally Peterman and George Miklas will be performing at our festival! The HARPbeats are great friends of Jason Ricci and together are helping to bridge the previous gap between the diatonics and chromatics. There is increasing respect and interest in every type of harmonica and we want to convey that message to all players.

As of now, we've had a great deal of interest from many performers who have agreed to be part of our schedule.? They are: The Sgro Bros., The Hotshots(Al & Judy Smith), Danny G,? Bob McFarlane, Chris Bauer, Charles Spranklin, William Galison, Randy Weinstein, Carlos Colina, Dennis Gruenling, Rob Paparozzi, Jia-Yi He, Enrico Granafei, The Harmonitones, The Melody Men, Charlie Toker & The 17 North Band, Jay Gaunt,Josh King,and Zack Gaviria. As you can see there is a tremendous range of music representing classsical, jazz, standards, blues, Latin and more! There is something for everyone!

Just received word that Dennis will be doing a seminar on tongue blocking (diatonic) for all levels, including bending,techniques,different sounds and how to practice! It probalbly will take place on Friday Nov, 20 but times for seminars and definite dates are still being put together. Another much asked for seminar will be held by Danny G who is a master of "Band in the Box" that went over great at Buckeye! Seminars on the chord, bass, trio and duo playing, beginning chromatic and a jazz seminar are in the works.? We want to have a blues jam and welcome blues players to make this a reality!

Start signing up now for the Festival Package of $115 and make your room reservations at the $7 million newly renovated Holiday Inn (info on harp-l and at our web site at: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org) and ask for the special GSH price of $109 plus tax. There are a limited amount of rooms and please sign up soon to guarantee this rate.? A McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts is located right next door, with a shuttle to near by malls and NYC is only 20 minutes away! Phil and I hope to see all of our old and new harmonica friends at this much awaited event!

Val Redler
President,GSHC