[Harp-L] Harmonetta - patent

Does anybody have the patent number or patent link for the Harmonetta?

I'm curious what the design intent: was intended to replace the chord in
1956? The Harmonetta has three octaves. How many octaves does chord have? The
Hohner 267/384 48 chord lists at $2470 and sells for $1728 at Elderly. If
the Harmonetta were still in production, it might cost as much.

Here is a link to a diagram and photo of keyboard.
http://www.musanim.com/Harmonetta/

if you own one and want to learn how to play it, a tutor book costs about
$9 plus shipping from
http://www.music44.com/X/product/49035623-...=googlebase%202

Here's a quote from a discussion board:

"Hohner brought them out, with high hopes, in 1956, and discontinued them
in the late '70s. I've a June 1965 U.S. catalogue that describes them as :

HARMONETTA HH-8802

"A most unique and versatile instrument, Hohner's Harmonetta permits
playing of single notes or chords. Fully chromatic 3 octave range. 72 stainless
steel "blow" and "draw" reeds. Gold-anodized covers.
WRITE FOR FREE HARMONETTA PAMPHLET
Size 7" x 5 7/8" x 2" . . . . . $95.00

"Which was more expensive than a pokerwork ($80.00) or an Erica ($90.00)
2-row button accordion, and would have bought you 10 melodicas, or 40 Marine
Band harmonicas. They weren't cheap!"

I still think, all things considered, the Melodica is the best replacement
for the hard to find Harmonetta. You may not be able to play one chord
with one finger, but the slightly smaller than standard keyboard makes 10ths as
easy to play as octaves.

hope this helps
Phil Lloyd