[Harp-L] Camcorder

Lately at open mic I am asked to come up and play with different groups.
Songs from "oh Daddy"
Neil Diamond songs played by his impersonator.
"sandman"
"blues"
you name it.
I'm not stuck on a type of style.  More and more my playing is getting better.
My problem is since my self confidence is shot and lets face it I just started playing this year.
I want to have the sessions recorded. Now we have cell phones that record but they suck.
and I don't know how a recorder will do.
My second problem is cost.
I know a lot of you guys record your playing both in audio and video.
I am asking for the best advice with the lowest cost.
I don' t want to to pay more then $175.
In the event they all these guys have a massive pity contest going on and I truly suck I don't want to get
stuck with a camcorder.

abner ( BluEyes, knocking on heavens door, and I was at White lake in the summer of 1969)