[Harp-L] Seydel 1875 Silver

On August 7 I bought a Seydel 1875 Silver in the key of A at Guitar Center
for $97.55 out the door.  I had a gig that night at the Kickoff Show for the
Mile High Blues Festival and I needed a new A harp.  I wrote on my blog at
the time that I was worried I'd blow out the $100 harp the first night.

http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-finally-did-it.html

Well, I didn't blow out the Seydel 1875 Silver that night -- it didn't
happen until last night, Sept 3, during a gig with my acoustic blues duo.
The 4-draw reed went flat, a reed I usually do not abuse. The harp lasted
less than a month. I gigged it nine times.

 The reed failure may well have been my fault; I might have overbent the
4-draw. Regardless, Rupert Oysler -- head of Seydel USA --generously offered
to repair the harp as a courtesy. I have known him to do this for other
players as well. The reeds technically are not under warranty. If it happens
again I will be happy to pay for the repair.

  After playing the harp for a month I can tell you it is and exceptionally
good harp. The tone and action are beautiful right out of the box. It has a
nice loud sound without being jangly. The harp has a polished feel in your
mouth.

  When I get it back (Rupert promised a quick turn-around) I'll break it in
more gently and take better care of it. it is a very fine instrument.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/