Re: [Harp-L] Re: Paddy Richter vs. Melody Maker

While I do not for a minute question its awesomeness in any style, the best thing about Paddy Richter in my opinion, way better than what it does for fiddle tunes and whatnot is that it opens up this whole world of fourth position minor. On a C, you get an Am chord, a C chord a Dm chord, a G chord and a G7 chord, awesome chords for Am playing. You've got these awesome tongue block octaves. My opinion is for melodic purposes in fiddle tunes, you could play those same notes on a chromatic, or a low diatonic for the most part. It's true beauty is in minor keys. What what it brings to the table for 4th position minor keys is truly unique.
The feel is much more natural to me than a regular minor-key harmonica.

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com