[Harp-L] Brit Folk, cajun -- thanks

A while back I asked for some advice for a show focussing on British Folk .
We had our show this past weekend. I played Swallowtail (which I learned
from a clip Cara Cooke has on her website) and Dirty Old Town (Ewan MacColl
version), backed up on both by a friend. I also joined him on Tramps and
Hawkers (there's harp in the background on a version by the Corries -- D
harp played mostly in the third octave). I hung in while he played The
Rambling Pitchfork. And I joined a couple of other fellows on Richard
Thompson's Cooksferry Queen. A fun evening and a nice opportunity to swim in
different musical waters from what I'm used to (blues).

I'm also playing in a band these days with some cajun in the mix and really
appreciate the recent posts on that topic. In particular, I will single out
Winslow for his suggestions and contributions for both Brit Folk and cajun,
but a note of thanks to all who put in their two cents.

Cheers,

John